Restore Data from Corrupted Nintendo Wii Flash Memory Card
Corrupted the Nintendo Wii flash memory card due to some reason?
With the emergence of new card recovery software, now data recovery from damaged memory card has become quite easy to recover data from corrupted or damaged flash memory cards. The software not only ensures the safely of the recovered data by performing read only operation; but also makes the recovery process easy to operate by providing an intuitive graphical user interface. For all this exclusive key features the software is renowned as one of the finest and most trusted card recovery software among the Industry Experts as well as passionate users.
A brief yet clear idea about the Nintendo Wii system as well as the flash memory card corruption issues is more than enough to understand and carry out the card recovery process successfully.
Nintendo Wii system:
Nintendo Wii is one of the well known video game console which is much more advanced than the other video game consoles available in market these days, yet is user friendly. One of the powerful and prominent features of this is the Wiiconnect24, which allows the players to exchange messages via internet without even consuming more power.
The Wii system has a memory card slot for flash memory cards which can be used to save video games. The flash memory cards can be used only to save the games played on the Nintendo Wii system. The flash memory card cannot be used for saving game data for games designed specifically for the Wii console. The Nintendo Wii features internal memory to store Wii-specific game data and also comes with an SD card slot for additional storage space.
How the Nintendo Wii Flash memory card gets corrupted?
The flash memory card inserted in the Nintendo Wii system may get corrupted due to improper usage like removal of the memory card abruptly or accidentally, accidental system shutdown or sudden power failure while the flash memory card in use etc. Following are some error messages while the flash memory card is corrupted.
- Fully Corrupt: When the entire save area of the flash memory card is corrupted, the system will inform the player that the memory card is corrupt and ask to format it. The card should be formatted when the game play begins when the flash memory card is accessed during the game play. However, if the flash memory card is formatted anyways you will lose the data is you have not backed up the data before.
- Data area only corrupt: When only the data area of the flash memory card is corrupted, the game may not be detected until the memory card is accessed. Once the memory card is accessed, it will inform the player that the data being accessed is corrupt and should be erased. The game will delete the accessed data and hence leads to data loss from the memory card.
- Memory card not saving: This type of error message is shown if the game data is corrupted due to turning off the system or removing the memory card while the system is trying to save, move, deleted or copy some game files.
- Memory card is damaged: If the memory card is physically damaged i.e. damaged beyond repair then it will display an error message that the memory card should be replaced. The system may attempt to format the memory card and if it fails to do so it will again display the error message showing that the memory card is damaged. In such cases the data cannot be recovered from the damaged memory card.
Tips to avoid permanent loss of data from the flash memory card:
- Make sure that the flash memory card should not be used after it is corrupted.
- Never install the card recovery software on the flash memory card as it may lead to permanent loss of data in it.
- It is better to use demo version of any card recovery software so that it can be estimated by making use of this software. If you are satisfied with the demo version’s performance you can then opt for the full version of card recovery software.
While choosing the card recovery software, make sure that your selected one carries following characteristics:
- It must be compatible with all type of data loss scenarios.
- It should be read only application and doesn't modify the original content.
Useful features of card recovery software:
- The corrupted memory card recovery software can efficiently recover lost / deleted flash memory card data both on Windows as well as Mac OS X.
- It supports flash memory card recovery from all types of SanDisk memory cards including SD, Micro SD, Mini SD, SDHC, SDXC etc.
- It can easily recover lost images from CF card keeping their original contents unchanged.
- Efficiently recover files from MMC card, SD card, Micro SD card, Mini SD card, XD card, USB drive, Hard drive (SATA / ATA / PATA / SCSI / IDE etc.), Pen drive, Floppy Drive, Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick DUO, Memory Stick PRO DUO, Compact Flash Card, Digital Cell Phone, Digital Camera, Camcorder, FireWire Drive, Apple iPod (like Mini, Classic, Shuffle, Nano) and many more.
- It performs microSD card data recovery by using its advanced scanning algorithm.
- This software can effectively retrieve files lost due to Kingston class 10 sdhc card corruption or corrupt due to virus attack.
Note: Visit at http://www.corruptedmemorycardrecovery.com/videos.html and know how this software makes it easy to retrieve videos from corrupted memory card.
Steps to recover corrupted Nintendo Wii flash memory card data
Step-1: First connect the corrupted flash memory card to your computer via card reader and then download and install the demo version of the Card Recovery Software. Upon successful launch of the software you will get a welcome screen with three different options like “Recover Files”, “Recover Photos” and “Recover Volumes / Drives”. Select “Recover Files” among them.
Step-2:After that choose “Recover Lost Files” from the next window.
Step-3: Then select the flash memory card as the logical drive from which the lost files has to be recovered and click on “Next”.
Step-4: As soon as you click on “Next”, the recovery process will start. Once the recovery process completes you can view all the recovered data from the corrupted flash memory card along with their details.
Suggestions to prevent flash memory card corruption in the future:
- Do not remove the flash memory card or turn off the system while the system is trying to save, move, deleted or copy some files.
- It is always a good idea to copy your important files to a second memory card as a backup.