Corrupted Memory Card Recovery
How to Restore Memory Card Files Without Formatting?
Photos and videos that you have captured through digital camera, camcorder, mobile phone and other digital gadget are saved using memory cards. Your memory card would probably contain hundreds of pictures, songs and videos taken on important events like birthdays, marriages, trip, etc. How much ever careful you are, there various circumstances that corrupt/damage your memory card leaving its files unreadable. Corruption of memory card is quite a common problem that everyone may encounter, due to errors in card itself or because of human mistakes. When you try to access files from corrupted memory card, you may see error messages like “Memory card error”, “card not initialized”, “format now”, “unrecognized file system” or an error code on your camera screen due to which your valuable media files on memory card could disappear.
Sometimes, when you connect memory card to the computer, a window may prompt a message like “Memory card is not formatted, you want to format it now?” repeatedly insisting you to format memory card. In such cases, without formatting you won’t be able to read data from memory card. Irrespective of the causes for corruption of memory card, you are really bothered about the priceless data stored on the memory card which are not backed up recently. Then how to get back inaccessible/lost data from corrupt memory card? Don’t panic!!! Your media files are not lost from memory card after corruption, fortunately recovering corrupted memory card data is now possible by using advanced memory card file recovery software. This tool is developed with powerful algorithms to locate and get back lost/inaccessible files from corrupted memory card in few minutes.
What can be the causes of memory card corruption?
- When you abruptly remove the memory card from card reader/camera during the file transfer process
- Corruption of memory card file system due to harmful virus or malware attacks when you connect it to the PC infected with viruses
- Synchronization errors due to sudden system shutdown or power failures during file transfer between memory card and computer
- Capturing images when the camera is showing low on battery
- Improper formatting of memory card on computer instead of camera
- Taking new photos or videos when the memory card is showing full on the memory
- Turning off the camera or removing the memory card while camera is saving newly captured images
As compared to hard drives or other storage media, recovering lost files from memory card because memory cards have the smaller storage capacity and store only media files i.e. photos, videos and music files. Before you proceed with data recovery from corrupted memory card that needs to be formatted, the first thing you should do after corruption of memory card is to stop using it immediately. Any read/write operations performed on the memory card can overwrite your crucial data, decreasing your chances for successful recovery. Avoid using memory card until you recover files from corrupted memory card. Download and install the demo version of memory card file recovery software on healthy computer, run the application and follow certain screen instructions as shown by its user friendly interface to complete corrupted memory card data recovery process.
Get back memory card files without formatting with the advanced features of this software:
- Regardless of the cause behind the corruption of memory card, restore popular media files from corrupt memory card through effective memory card recovery tool.
- As long as memory card files are not overwritten with new files, you can get back lost images, videos, songs and RAW photo formats with ease using their file signatures.
- It will allow you to preview recovered files from corrupted memory card before saving them. For this you just have to right click on any of recovered files from the display screen. This will help you to review the obtained results in order to measure the capability of this software.
- Using this tool, one can successfully execute corrupted Memory Stick data recovery and can recover media files from various types of memory cards like SD card, SDHC card, CF card, XD card and MMC after corruption.
- Other than corruption, this tool can recover accidentally deleted files as well as lost files from formatted, reformatted memory or inaccessible memory card after formatting errors in few basic steps.
- You can retrieve GIF files from corrupted SanDisk memory card after file system corruption along with JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIFF, TIF, BMP, PSD and RAW image formats
- With the help of this memory card recovery software, you get back music file types including MP3, WAV, MIDI, M4b, AIFF, AIF, RA, and AMR together with video file formats such as AVI, MP4, MOV, MPEG, MPG, M4V, 3G2, 3GP and RM in a reliable way.
- Memory card file recovery software works well on recent Windows (7, XP, Vista) and Mac (Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion) operating systems.
Procedure to recover media files from corrupted memory card without formatting:
(1): First connect the memory card to your computer via card reader or USB cable to computer. Launch the software, you will get a home screen with three different options like “Recover Files”, “Recover Photos” and “Recover Volumes / Drives”. Select “Recover Photos” among them to start the recovery process.
Figure A: Home Screen
(2): On next screen you will get two different options “Recover Deleted Photos” or “Recover Lost Photos”. Select "Recover Lost Photos" to get back lost media files from memory card.
Figure B: Select Recover Lost Photos
(3): On the next screen select ccorrupted memory card as the logical drive from which the files are to be recovered and click on “Next”.
Figure C: Select Corrupted Memory Card
(4): As soon as you click on “Next”, the recovery process will start. Once the recovery process is completes you can view the list of recovered files from corrupted memory card along with their details. Right Click on any recovered file and previewit prior to restoring it.