XD Card Data Recovery
XD card recovery
XD card is one of the popular memory cards today. It is generally used in cameras, camcorders and cell phones. While using these devices, you should be careful not to do anything stupid that might lead you to problem with the card. The problem occurs when your card gets corrupted and lead you to lose all your photos and videos.
Data loss in XD card is not rare; you may lose files from it due to any reason. It is heartbreaking if you lose your important files by accidental deletion. When you delete your files from XD card knowingly or by mistake or if you format the card if you were facing card error which is due to the file system corruption then data present in the card do not get deleted forever. Though you cannot view data present there as it is hidden, it just marked the space as free so that you can add new files. You can restore back files from XD card by using XD recovery software. But once it is overwritten by new files then you cannot get back your data that were present before formatting or deleting. So as soon as you find any problem with your XD card stop using it.
Reasons behind losing files from XD card
- While downloading files from internet, some infectious viruses such as Malware, Adware, Spyware, Trojan horse and Worms may also be download along with those files which may infect your system. So when you connect XD card to your system via card reader and transfer files from one system to other, viruses also gets into card along with the files and corrupt XD card, results in inaccessible of data from it, hence loss in data.
- Using XD card of a digital camera in other cameras or camcorders leads to corruption of the structure of file in the card which results in inaccessible of data from XD card and loss of files.
- During file transfer process from digital camera to system if you remove cable of camera improperly or pull it abruptly, before completion of the process then also you may loss data.
- Improper termination of the system due to power fluctuation or electro-static discharge while transferring files from XD card to machine may lead to corruption of device. Or if camcorder or digital camera is showing low battery message continuously and you are clicking photos this can also corrupt XD card.
- XD card has a root directory which allows you to store files in the card depending on its storing capacity. If you have stored lots of files and saved them with strange names or weird characters then directory will point to a faulty location which will result in data loss.
With the help of XD card recovery software you can easily restore lost or deleted photos from XD card. It comes with an advanced technology that can recover files from corrupted or broken XD card and also from other storage device like SD card, USB memory card, Pen drive, Floppy Drive, Hard drive (SATA / ATA / PATA / SCSI / IDE etc.), Memory Stick, FireWire Drive, iPod devices, etc. is accessible in both Windows and Mac Operating system. It can recover lost images from CF card and also other files like videos, audio files, graphics, etc. with ease without modifying their original contents.
Simple steps to recover files from XD card:
(1): Connect XD card to your system via card reader or through cable. Then launch the utility, after that a screen with three options “Recover Files”, “Recover Photos” and “Recover Volumes / Drives” appears. Then select “Recover Photos” out of the three option to restore files from XD card
Figure A: Select Recover Photos
(2): Then in next screen you will find two options. You can select any one option depending on the data loss scenerio as shown in Figure B.
Figure B: Select Recovery mode
(3): Select XD card icon to recover files from it and then click “Next” option to start recovery process.
Figure C: Select XD card
(4): After completion of recovery process you can preview the recovered files along with their details.
Figure D: Preview Recovered Files